Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Once upon a time...

Welcome to my "production diary" blog! This blogs is intended to keep me from procrastinating and keeping focus on my first film project. I've decided to keep this blog seprate from my Fort-Knight Dispatches and keep this one to the point: I'm making a movie. As some of you may know I've been a film buff for a long, long time. Late last year I decided to finally do something with all this film trivia in my head and put pen to paper and start on my own film. I didn't start from scratch however, I went back to a story I wrote many years ago and love very much, when I still wrote for fun. After writing and storyboarding for a long time, I discovered that in order make a film anyone would enjoy and one I could actually make (no first time epics here..) I cut the material down to the core characters and plot. Gone are the many exotic locations and special effects shots (ok maybe one or two). Gone now are my big plan and open plots that would lead into into sequels and TV series.. no, what I have left is a simple, character driven plot that is essentially a two person, three act short. I've edited this film in my head for months and intend to only shoot the few shots that are left.. not to say there won't be some long hours but I've really tried to do my homework ahead of time. So you will only see part of the crazy, er creative process from here on. So right now I'm scouting a location in Southwest Michigan for the bulk of the film will be outdoor, daylight shots. Great... now I have to worry about weather...
So far... I 'm behind schedule...

Oh.... this is a for fun project. If good enough I'll show it around and submit it. I can't pay anyone and I'll have complete creative control. If anyone wants to volunteer though, feel free. I plan to do this El Mariachi style.

-jmk

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So if you are behind schedule, that implies you have a schedule. If you want folks to help... let people know what you need.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home